Baddi’s Amit Print ‘N’ Pack invests in Bobst folder-gluer

Baddi, Himachal Pradesh-based Amit Print ‘N’ Pack has invested in a Bobst Ambition 106 A2 folder-gluer to speed up its post-print production.

31 Dec 2021 | By Rahul Kumar

The Bobst Ambition 106 A2 at Amit Print ‘N’ Pack

The Bobst Ambition A2 folder-gluer can run duplex and corrugated cartons both and has maximum speed of 300-mt/mins. This machine is equipped with a special corrugation kit.

Balkrishan Singla, founder, Amit Print ‘N’ Pack, said, “Our 12 sheetfed offset printing presses print plenty of sheets from 12x18 to 48x64-inches in 12 hours shift per day. The conversion of those printed sheets was tough with our existing folder-gluers. Thus, we were looking for a solution.”

He added that the company was aware of Bobst’s performance and services and the machine’s acceptance in the market. “We are using a pre-owned die-cutter from Bobst. So, we have hands-on experience on the reliability with the machine,” he said, adding that the conversion capacity of the new folder-gluer is fast and smooth. “Now, we can finish a day’s work in hours and an hour’s work in minutes. The folder-gluer has made our life easy.”

Chaman Singla and Aman Singla, the second-generation of the business, said they saw the Bobst machine at the exhibition in 2017, and wanted to have it at the plant. “Four years later, we have achieved the dream,” they said.

Sometime back, the company acquired a printing unit, which used to be one of the biggest packaging companies in the region. “The automatic die-cutting machine is completely safe for our workers. Furthermore, the production quality and speed are reliable,” Aman Singla added.

Amit Print ‘N’ Pack started with a table-top machine in the 1990s, which Singla himself operated, and supplied stationery. “The table-top machine manufacturing company pushed us for print,” he said.

Today, the company has a variety of printing presses, especially when it comes to the sizes of printing presses. Its 12 sheetfed offset printing presses start from 12x18 to 48x64-inches. Eight out of these 12 machines are from Heidelberg. The large format printing presses are used for home appliances boxes and for fruit packaging, especially apple and kinu.

“We have been serving the same customers for years and they are happy with us. We and our customers are growing together. This is the real growth. Our customers recommend us to their contacts, and thus, we grow,” Singla said.

Amit Print N Pack has three print production facilities — two in Baddi, Himachal Pradesh and one in Mohali, Punjab. “More than 80% of our clients are from the pharma segment and the rest 20% are mixed,” said Singla.

The company converts around 300 tonnes of Kraft and 400 tonnes of FBB and duplex per month in its three units.

The company used to do government jobs when it was located in Chandigarh. But since moving to Baddi, the company is focusing exclusively on packaging, offering the complete range, from literature, mono cartons, shipper cartons and labels.

The company has been into paper and board packaging as well as corrugation until now, the company has forayed into flexible printing with a rotogravure printing press manufactured by Kohli Industries. It is a seven-colour rotogravure press which can run at the speed of 300-m/min. The plant will be operational by April 2022.

“We believe flexible packaging is one of the fastest growing segments right now. Since we are working towards being a complete packaging company, flexible was the logical next step. Also, there is no big flexible packaging-printing set up near our plant. That is an added advantage,” he said.

Balkrishan Singla is responsible for the investment and the overall company. Among his two sons, Aman Singla is responsible for maintenance and production, and Chaman Singla is responsible for finance and purchase.