To-do list for print shops during lockdown
28 Mar 2020
While the government is taking all necessary measures to tackle the deadly Coronavirus pandemic, a key member of All India Federation of Master Printers (AIFMP), Kamal Chopra shares some important tips for print shops to follow.
Kamal Chopra shares 11 tips with PrintWeeK
Coronavirus cases in India crossed 800 as the Indian government unveiled a Rs 1.7 lakh crore stimulus to help those hit by the 21-day lockdown announced by prime minister Narendra Modi on 25 March. The number of deaths around the world from the novel coronavirus cases has crossed 27,000.
Many factories have shut down its operations owing to the nation-wide lockdown. This includes idle machines in factories across the country. AIFMP's Kamal Chopra shares some important suggestions with PrintWeek for the safety of factories and its staff.
- Shut down electrical mains to shop floor and machines.
- Place naphthalene balls in control panels of the machine to safeguard against rat menace.
- Grease and oil the slides and other necessary areas.
- Shut down all UPS, as they are a major cause of fire accident.
- Cover FG and SFG properly, including raw materials, to safeguard from dust and moisture.
- Protect lab equipment.
- Hand over a fire extinguisher to the security personnel for emergency purposes and train them how to use it.
- Instruct workers to stay at their residing places and follow the instructions of the government to stop the spread of the virus. Advice workers to maintain hygiene by washing their hands frequently with soap or hand sanitizer. Clean the floor and other contact areas with disinfectants.
- Be in touch with entire staff and workforce, including contractors, and check for their health and needs.
- Ensure hand sanitizers/soap, groceries and sufficient drinking water is provided to the security staff.
- Security staff should be in full uniform to enable them reach their workplace.
- Update your status and problems from time to time.
Apart from these measures, you can also add more precautionary measures to ensure complete safety of staff, plant and machinery. If you have any tips or suggestions, please share it with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
While the government is taking all necessary measures to tackle the deadly Coronavirus pandemic, a key member of All India Federation of Master Printers (AIFMP), Kamal Chopra shares some important tip