Joystar’s over two-lakh super impressions with Scodix

By 24 Aug 2017

Joystar’s investment in Scodix S75 has provided the company with a platform for building digital success.

Jinesh Sheth, director at Joystar India

The Mumbai-based digital print specialist installed the kit, booked during Drupa 2016, in August last year, and within a year has printed over two-lakh impressions.

Jinesh Sheth, director at Joystar India, said, we wanted to bring something new to the market, one that will give us a unique selling point. “We could provide samples with print embellishments like UV embossed, spot varnishing and texturing, to our clients almost immediately. We accentuated the ‘wow factor’ on prints, especially those illustrating textural images which became an instant hit with our clients.”

Sheth added, “The Scodix press helped us in maintaining and raising client relationship.”

Joystar mainly deals in commercial printing like leaflets, brochures, catalogues, danglers, and posters. Around 70% of the jobs are printed using fine paper and remaining 30% on art paper.

The firm is equipped with a Xerox iGen 3, which was installed in 2013, and a recently installed Xerox Versant 180. “The iGen is a high production 14x22.5 inches press capable of printing duplex 1,500 impression per hour with perfect registration, while the Versant 180 13x26 inches press acts as a backup for the iGen3 in case of machine breakdown.”

Joystar also houses a pre-owned four-colour 2003 model Heidelberg 74V 2003 and a raft of post-press machinery in the 6,000 sq/ft production space across six galas in the Ghatkopar Industrial Estate. “We use the offset operation for high-volume jobs.”

According to Chirag Salot, general manager at Joystar India, the introduction of Scodix has helped the company attract jobs from different segments of printing including offset, and boost its client-base. “It would say it had delivered great margins to our business, as well as been a door opener as far as new business development is concerned.”

ccd

Both Sheth and Salot are all praise for the capabilities of the Scodix S75, particularly the two CCD (charge coupled device) cameras and the Scodix Sense software. “The cameras help achieve perfect registration,” said Sheth, adding, “The press can achieve an embossing height of up to 250 microns.” 

The Scodix Sense software, on the other hand, helps attain print enhancements such as high gloss and variable densities, metallic, braille, barcode and many others. “The inbuilt software calculates the amount of ink coverage required and provides with the complete details of the cost estimation,” said Salot.

Joystar has a staff strength of  60. “We were the first in Maharashtra to get the Scodix and are the first India to cross the 2-lakh print mark on Scodix machine,” said Sheth. “Our plan in the near future is to invest in Scodix Ultra,” concluded Sheth.

 

 

Events

Oct
07
Oct
23
Nov
09

PackPlus South 2021 NEW!

Oct 07 - 09 Oct 2021
Hitex, Hyderabad

IndiaCorr Expo & India Fo... NEW!

Oct 23 - 25 Oct 2021
India Expo Mart, Greater Noida...

Labelexpo India 2022 NEW!

Nov 09 - 12 Nov 2022
India Expo Centre, Greater Noi...

Latest Poll

Counterfeiting in India is big business. Which factor perpetuates this menace?