UV case-study: Art ‘N’ Print

Art ‘N’ Print is a new entrant to the printing and packaging industry. Manish Gupta started his career as a freelancer in 2005 and set up his own operation with a pre-owned imported die-cutting machine in 2008.

08 Feb 2021 | By PrintWeek Team

Manish Gupta of Art ‘N‘ Print

Today, the printing facility is equipped with a five-colour Heidelberg SM 74 printing press installed in 2018.

The company’s UV system consists of four UV lamps – two are interdecks and two are located at the end-of-the-press, in the delivery section.

Gupta, a first-generation printer, says UV gives new life to an old product, adding a different look and appeal. “UV curing and coating is a win-win technology for everyone. Printers can print something different on different substrates, print buyers can show something different to the market, and end-users can get different and attractive packs of their favourite products,” he adds.

Around 30% of the company’s print production is UV and the rest 70% is non-UV. However, Gupta says, “This difference in ratio is narrowing down. I have experienced that the man behind the machine is the most important. An experienced and skilled production person can give better results with an old machine as well.”

For the future, Art ‘N’ Print is planning to buy a 28x40-inch printing press to serve the pharma packaging industry.