Huntsman Textile Effects, the global leader in innovative and environmentally sustainable dyes, chemicals, and digital inks, was awarded in six categories at the annual presentation ceremony of Dyestuffs Manufacturers' Association of India (DMAI), held in Mumbai.
The award was presented to Huntsman India for its distinguished efforts in the areas of safety and hazard control, energy conservation and water conservation.
Rahul Tikoo, MD, Huntsman, India sub-continent, said, “Huntsman is honoured by this recognition from DMAI. It strengthens our commitment towards society as a sustainable corporate citizen, which is a true differentiator for us to stay ahead in the global market scenario. We will continue our efforts to promote a culture of innovation and development with our stakeholders to help bring about significant change and co-create solutions to drive a holistic growth.”
Kavishwar Kalambe, site director, Huntsman Textile Effects, said, “Huntsman is committed to generating genuine, sustainable added value. This outstanding achievement reflects the teamwork, EHS culture, continuous improvement towards water and energy conservation achieved at the Baroda plant. This requires the best possible balance between ecological, and social needs, as well as the highest priorities of having safe and environmentally sound processes.”
The awards received are a recognition of the company’s continuous efforts to improve the lives of people at site and surrounding areas. Huntsman Textile Effects received the awards based on criteria such as innovation, creativity, development, and quality in the field of dye manufacturing.
Awards won by the Textile Effects Baroda Plant
- Excellent performance in Safety & Hazards Control by a Large-Scale Unit for 2019-2020
- Excellent performance in Water Conservation by a Large-Scale Unit for 2019-2020
- Excellent performance in Energy Conservation by a Large-Scale Unit for 2019-2020
- Excellent performance in Energy Conservation by a Large-Scale Unit for 2020-2021
- Excellent performance in Water Conservation by a Large-Scale Unit for 2020-2021
- Excellent performance in Pollution Control by a Large-Scale Unit for 2019-2020