Why should I start business process automation?
Every entrepreneur wants to scale up their business irrespective of whether they are into manufacturing or services. Business Process Automation (BPA) gives you the power to grow your business on any scale.
15 Mar 2021 | By Aultrin Vijay
The printing industry has very complex business processes; it is both manufacturing and service industry. It means every job is unique and has different asynchronous processes.
Ahmedabad-based Bpack Industries is one such company that has automated its business processes using the Indus Print ERP system’s BPA.
The dynamicity of the printing and allied processes makes it a real challenge to implement BPA.
BPA consists of digital transformation, technology-enabled automation, and simplification of complex business processes. Digital transformation means connecting the activities of the press through software, where data must flow seamlessly from one department to another with control over the quality of data and preparation of MIS reports based on the collected data.
The Malaysia-based KSK Printings has made use of this process to run its business efficiently with complete control over the workflow.
The core objectives behind BPA should be:
- Scalability and sustainability of the organisation
- Better control over the business
- Improving the quality of products and service
- Better productivity and profitability
How to switch to BPA
- Management should prepare a list of clearly defined objectives.
- Prepare a flow chart with roles, responsibilities, and an execution plan.
- Understand the existing processes and migrate to internationally-accepted standard processes to avoid micro-customisation of the software.
- Step-by-step implementation with results measured through small milestones.
- Invest adequate time to train yourself and the team.
- Keep the team motivated enough to enter accurate data on a regular basis.
Recently, Indore-based Colors Packaging Solutions installed the Indus Print ERP system to make its business “intelligent and efficient in this technology-driven era” with the use of BPA.
Business process automation is going to be a necessity for every growing and forward-thinking company. It helps you to make perfect business decisions, provides you expert support system (ESS) and decision support system (DSS) to forecast future growth and scalability.
Automate your business today for a fit tomorrow.