Karan Mahajan of Hi-Tech Inks said, "Sustainability has been the buzzword for quite some time now, and with the renewed and enhanced focus on recyclability. Hence it is inevitable that this movement gathers more and more momentum, and finally becomes a way of life itself. It is but a global goal to achieve this end, and for sure, is receiving a lot of impetus from governments all across the world."
Mahajan continued "Sustainability is an issue that the Indian packaging industry has been championing within our community as we encourage converters to embrace more planet (and plant) friendly printing practices." As per a recent survey by WhatPackaging? magazine highlighted that over 62% of converters indicated that ‘green’ packaging, or packaging using more environmentally-friendly practices will see an increase in demand as a service.
Mahajan hopes that the seminar hosted in Mumbai and Delhi will help to reinforce the message that sustainability can support profitability. Which is why, vendor– neutral knowledge sharing will provide an insight into the current trends and drive in the markets.
Agenda for Sustainable Packaging seminar
• Brand owner presentation about sustainability (Mumbai – TBA; Delhi – Britannia)
• PE-PE laminates for flexible packaging from Alfred Menhart of Reifenhauser Germany.
• Sustainability in printing with Gelflex, EB Flexo Inks from Evan Benbow of Wikoff Color, USA along with Hi-Tech Inks
• Sustainability in printing with EB machines and Gelflex, EB Flexo Inks from Im Rangwalla of ESI, USA
• Success stories of EB offset and flexo machines from Jordi Puig of Comexi, Spain
• Guru Kirsur of Dupont will talk about the plates used for EB inks
• Interact with brand owners and users and listen to their views and thoughts; plus "see" for yourself!