Another reason to be excited about PackPlus 2019 is the buzz surrounding the Indian packaging industry. The industry is expected to touch USD 72.6-billion by 2020. The growth is driven primarily by pharmaceuticals, foods and beverages.
About 45% of the packaging machinery and materials produced is absorbed by the food processing sector alone, 25% by the pharmaceuticals sector, and 10% each by the personal products, tea and coffee, and industrial products industries.
“The industry has recognised and appreciated PackPlus over last several years. Today, PackPlus is the biggest show in its category and is growing with each edition. Now, after coming under the umbrella of Reed Exhibitions, our exhibitors and visitors will experience the rise in overall class and quality of the exhibition.” Prateek Kaushik, portfolio director, Next Events, a member of Reed Exhibitions and a part of RELX Group, told PrintWeek India recently.
PackPlus, combined with CartonTech, SupplyPlus, PackSol and India Converting Show, spans across three major segments — primary packaging and automation, supply chain and material handling and flexible packaging, converting and corrugation.
With more than 325 exhibitors, PackPlus 2019 is expected to showcase a wide range of products and services related to packaging machines, materials and equipment, coding and marking solutions.
Key solutions on display include flexo, gravure, offset and screen printing presses, label printing equipment, corrugated box making machinery, paper, film, foil, inks & other consumables, food production & processing equipment, barcodes and RFID, rigid and flexible packaging, flexible intermediate container, woven, sacks and other bulk packaging solutions, end-of- line packaging solutions, supply chain, logistics and material handling and much more.
20 launches to watch out for at PackPlus 2019
- High speed XYZ axis laser cutting machine from 3s Graphics Solutions
- Handheld inkjet printers from Advanced Industrial Micro System
- AeroPro Pack, bubble guard board and AeroPro Box from Aerolam
- Continuous inkjet printer model CDS100 from Centronix India
- Paper bag making machine, non-woven bag printing machine from Fairprint
- Pouch packing machines from Inpack Fabrications
- Flora photopolymer sheet from Kivi Marking
- Air cushion system from Locked Air
- Industry 4.0 integrated automatic label printer applicator from Markss
- Fingerless corrugation machine with slotter and die-cutter from Neelkanth
- Digital Metal Detector NDM530 Series from Now Systems
- Auto-feed rotary numbering machine with perforation, creasing machines, variable data printing and auto-feed paper folding machines from Origami Machines
- Indoswiss truck loader conveyor system with modular belts technology from Pal Innovations
- Vacuum leak testers from Presto
- Paper carry bag pasting, folding and rope machines SK Machines
- Automatic square-bottom paper bag-making machine from Senior Bagmac
- SPB 950 (Super) and SPB 850 (Super) paper cup machines from SPB Machinery
- PET strap rolls and strap dispenser from Taole Machine
- Premium vacuum conveyor for tablet transfer from Unijet Pneumatics
- Sealed air NewAir IB Nano on-demand cushioning and void-fill system for eCommerce industry from Vibgyor International