One set of die-cutters and folder-gluers was delivered and installed after PrintPack. The other set of machines will be delivered next month.
Jitender Saharan, director, sales and marketing, Sun Industries, said, “We have been associated with Puneet Agarwal from our days in Edelmann. We are confident about his offerings and commitment. As the market is full of options, we checked all the options available and found that DGM was appropriate for our needs.”
Sun Industries is a partnership between Parveen Kaushal and Jitender Saharan. The former colleagues worked together at Edelmann India (formerly Janus Packaging). Kaushal is responsible for supply chain and logistics and Saharan is responsible for sales and marketing.
The company was established in October 2021 on leased premises in Baddi, and the machine installation took place in March 2022. The company started its commercial production in April this year.
“Being a new entity, it was a big decision to invest in two sets of die-cutters and folder-gluers in one go, especially in the present scenario. It shows our belief in DGM and in our growth and business,” Saharan said.
He added, “Both the machines are up and running within a week after the end of the PrintPack show. We appreciate the professionalism displayed by Puneet and his team.”
The newly-established packaging-printing company is equipped with two multicolour Heidelberg printing presses with coater, especially for metPET jobs. The pre-press is equipped with Esko software. The company will also install a Kongsberg cutting table and a Kodak CTP soon.
Along with mono cartons, Sun Industries also produces B- and E-flute corrugated cartons. Kaushal said, “We have a complete setup for corrugation. Around 40% of our total business is corrugated cartons and the remaining 60% is printed mono cartons.”
Saharan added, “We are converting around 100 tonnes of board and kraft in a 100,000-sqft area. By July, we will be converting around 1,000 tonnes per month.”