Sunil Kataria elected chairman of the Indian Society of Advertisers
20 Sep 2017
The newly elected executive council of the Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA) met on 15 September 2017, were Sunil Kataria, business head, India and SAARC, Godrej Consumer Products, was elected as the chairman. Kataria has led the Society in the past year to newer heights, drawing support from his colleagues in the executive council, members and all fraternity entities.
On his election for the second consecutive term, Kataria said, “We would create further value proposition to the ISA’s ascending status in the industry. We would nurture the partnerships that we have built over decades and deliver incremental benefits to the advertisers and other stake holders. I am confident that the advertiser community would have greater times ahead. I look forward to having continuous support of all members towards adding value to the unique status of the ISA in this country.”
ISA is the only national body as a strong voice to advertisers over the last 60 years. It has advertiser members from across industries who approximately contribute to over two-thirds of the annual national non-governmental ad spends. ISA, which is a founder member of the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) and one of the founders of ASCI, continues to partner with other industry bodies that connect to the advertisers.
The ISA played a significant role in formation of BARC and is closely partnering with it towards advertisers getting robust and credible data.
Other members of the executive council are:
- Atul Agrawal, senior vice president – corporate affairs, group corporate communications, Tata Services.
- Anuradha Aggarwal, chief marketing officer, Marico
- Abraham Mathew Alapatt, president & group head - marketing, service quality, financial services & innovation, Thomas Cook.
- Narendra Ambwani, director, Agro Tech Foods.
- Siddhartha Banerjee, executive vice-president – marketing, Vodafone India.
- Ajoy H Chawla, senior vice-president, Chief Strategy Officer, Titan.
- JC Chopra, advisor, Anant Healthcare Technology Solutions.
- Ravi A Desai, director, brand & mass marketing, Amazon Seller Services.
- Paulomi Dhawan, strategic Advisor, Raymond.
- Sonali Dhawan, marketing director, Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care.
- Chandru Kalro, managing director, TTK Prestige.
- Sandeep Kaul, divisional chief executive – India Tobacco Division, ITC.
- Sandeep Kohli, executive director – Personal Care, Hindustan Unilever.
- Beena Koshy, executive vice-president, Exports, Bajaj Electrical.
- Bharat V Patel, independent director, Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company.
- Prashant Peres, director marketing chocolate, Mondelez India Foods.
- Ramakrishnan Ramamurthi, vice-chairman, Joint MD & Group CEO, Polycab Wires.
- Amit Tiwari, vice-president – marketing, Havells India.
- Brahm Vasudeva, chairman, Hawkins Cookers.