Following the outbreak of Covid-19, many countries have ordered businesses and government establishments to practice social distancing and make employees work from home to combat the deadly disease. In order to provide its customers seamless access to its software applications, EngView has decided to provide free licenses to its software packages for a limited period - until the end of lockdown period.
Tushar Pande, director at Emerging Graphics, told PrintWeek, "EngView will offer free licenses during the stay-at-home callout due to coronavirus. Emerging Graphics is available for support to customers in South Asia region."
With most companies transitioning to remote working, it is a challenge for the packaging and display producers to maintain the productivity of its teams working remotely.
"We have decided to give our customers free home-office licenses of the EngView package and Display Designer Suite for the duration of the COVID-19 restriction period. With the additional licenses, EngView will help structural and graphic designers, die makers, and other packaging professionals work remotely without sacrificing quality or efficiency," the company said in a letter to its customers.
"We are optimistic that working together and helping each other will make the packaging sector more resilient to what lies ahead," the statement added.
Technical parameters of the free home-office edition
- A home-office software works without a dongle.
- It is cloud-protected and requires an internet connection.
- For the moment, EngView can provide only remote licenses for PC users.
- A home-office license is active until 28 May 2020. This period may be extended should the situation require it.
- Customers need to download and install the new home-office edition of the EngView software.