During the first session the topics that were covered, included:
- Colour basics which included human colour vision, additive and subtractive colour principles of RGB, CMY, and CMYK as it applies in printing, photography, television and computers
- Colour measurement systems of vusual nature and instrumental techniques
- Colour control using densitometers and control of various important parameters in print production, inks and paper checking using densitometers
Fundamentals of CIE system and its relation to human visual system, differences between densitometers, colorimeters, and spectrophotometers
Prayagi's masterclass on 9 December at the SIES GST in Mumbai will build-up on these basics which were covered in the first session. These include:
- What is colour management and why do we need to work on it, problems with human vision, substrates, inks, instruments, viewing lights, etc.
- Conventional colour management, greys and tones
- Colour management based on CIE system
- What are common fundamentals of various systems, such as, SWOP, FOGRA, IFRA, GRAcol, ISO, G7
Faheem Agboatwala of the BMPA said, "This is a great opportunity for printers to send their shopfloor staff and machine operators to the session. Kiran Prayagi is a reputed print technologist and chairman of the Graphic Art Technology & Education. His sessions are meant to demystify and simplify colour management in a series of Seekho Aur Samhjo workshops."
Rushikesh Aravkar of PrintWeek India said, "The persons who attend these sessions will grasp the basics of colour, how best to measure, manage, communicate and report on colour, and how to ensure consistent and reliable colour at all levels of print production."
More power to print education
The format of the workshop is a three-hour session in Hindi and Marathi including two hours training followed by Q&A.
Agboatwala and Aravkar have implored print CEOs to register their staff members for this session. The available 50 seats will be registered on the first come, first serve basis.
For registration purpose, please contact the BMPA Secretariat: email@example.com