This is about the change this year, as the event has been scheduled to be held in Kochi, Kerala on 15-17 September 2016.
The seventh edition of the event, which maintains a broad perspective and looks out for directions in the future of book publishing, and the way those books are ultimately ‘consumed’ by the reader, will be spread over three days.
The first day will consist of masterclasses, while the workshops, panel discussions and networking sessions will be held on days two and three.
“In addition, the Publishing Next Industry Awards will be presented during the networking dinner on day two. Sessions have been planned keeping in mind the concerns of publishers, editors, translators and others within the publishing industry,” said Leonard J Fernandes, co-founder and trustee, Publishing Next.
- It attracts a large and diverse gathering of publishing and allied professionals from India and abroad
- It provides knowledge about the latest technologies and strategies employed by publishers
- A combination of panel discussions, workshops and networking meetings ensures that participants can find value no matter where their interests lie
- The Publishing Next Industry Awards, presented during the conference, provides an opportunity to congratulate outstanding peers
Who should attend
- Publishers of both English and Indian languages, even those aspiring to be publishers
- Publishers and organisations based in other countries who are interested in what’s happening in Indian publishing and wish to partner with publishers here
- Service providers such as translators, editors, designers, illustrators, etc
- Distributors and retailers
- Ebook developers and providers of other allied IT services
- Publishers industry agencies, networking bodies, allied services such as trade news providers and newspaper columnists
- Readers, those interested in the book trade
- Just about anybody who loves books