Kumar Labels expects a 100% growth with Gallus

By 16 Sep 2015

Greater Noida-based Kumar Labels is a unique entity: It is a label printer, a machine manufacturer and a labelstock producer. The company’s sister concern, Hassle Free Technologies manufactures die-cutters among other things. Recently, the company also developed a special labelstock technology.

Bhargava: “Give value to your customers with innovation."

The company, which started in 2007 is going from strength to strength in the recent years. Recently, Kumar Labels invested in a ten-colour narrow-web flexo press from Gallus, and also shifted its label production facility to Greater Noida.

Gallus is the company’s biggest equipment investment till date. “We expect a 100% growth in our business after the installation of the machine,” said Anuj Bhargava. The company, started by Bhargava, is also equipped with imported and India-made narrow-web flexo printing press and post-press equipment. While the company’s Indian flexo presses were capable of completing 75% of the jobs it received, it was struggling to complete the rest 25%. This is the reason why the company decided to opt for the Gallus.

“Our focus is on beautiful labels,” said Bhargava. “Beautiful, for one could mean appealing design with high-value addition and could mean cost-effectiveness for other. Having control over the design, labelstock, machinery and process helps us achieve both.”

Bhargava believes in “frugal innovations”, doing more with less. Indian consumers ask for highest performance to price ratio. Labelstocks, printing, efficient process and applicator system all play a role in this,” he said. The company manufactures micro embossed labelstock for wines. It has two patents. One is a laminated labelstock, MePP, that is a substitute for metalised paper, which is 25% economical than metalised paper available in the market.
The second is SRTF – single release two faces, which is Bhargava’s first move towards sustainability. SRTF was developed with support from the Government of India. “With the SRTF, we are using two faces on a single release liner. This can reduce the cost of labelstock by 20%, as it uses just half of the release liner. It reduces freight and storage costs by 40%, and is 50% more environment-friendly. Less liner means less paper produced and less paper buried or burnt. Details of the entire value stream have been considered, right from the stock to the applicator. With the new Gallus press, we can print and die-cut both sides in one go,” he says, adding that it will also double the output of a single printing press.
The motto of Hassle Free is ‘innovate to save,’ said Bhargava. “What is the point of innovating if you are not giving the value to you customers? You must be able to do more with less. If you cannot achieve this, then is no point in innovation,” he concluded.



Labelexpo India 2018 NEW!

Nov 22 - 25 Nov 2018
India Expo Centre & Mart, Grea...

PrintPack India NEW!

Feb 01 - 06 Feb 2019
India Expo Centre, Greater Noi...

Latest Poll

What is the biggest problem with commercial print firms in India?